Thursday, January 29, 2009

What a week!


This is a picture from Sunday when Corinne decided to wearing my headband and was looking really cute!
This week started out on a not so great note. Jeremy was not feeling very well and stayed home from work on Monday with the flu. Jeremy has been sick with strep and the flu most of this month so we have been real home bodies. Monday we got some unexpected snow but I still had school. Tuesday, Jeremy tried to go to work but was just not feeling great so he came home. We knew that we were suppose to get lots of snow on Wednesday so Corinne and I tried to stop at a store to get a sled but could not find one. I guess Santa should have brought one for Christmas. By the time we left the store we had about an inch of snow and the roads were getting bad quickly. We got a mix of snow and sleet all Tuesday night, so it was a real mess. When we woke up Wednesday morning I was sure that we had missed the snow again, but was I ever wrong.

Wednesday was a snow day for me, the roads did not start out great and were only suppose to get worse. Franklin County was on a Level 2 snow emergency for most of the day so Jeremy's boss just told him to work from home. When it was all said and done by about 2 o'clock we had about 9 inches of snow and ice. Corinne and I kept busy most of the day by playing and try and staighten up. Corinne got to play with Mom's homemade playdough for the first time and really seemed to like it, after she stopped trying to eat it. She did get one piece in her mouth and that is all it took. Corinne took a nice long nap in the afternoon and I fully enjoyed my snow day too with some rare time on the couch watching my Baby Stories (really makes you want another baby!). After Corinne got up from her nap and Daddy was done working we bundled Corinne up and went out in the snow. In the pictures you will notice that Corinne's snowpants are huge but when I bought them on Monday they did not have anything close to her size and I figured she can just wear them next year. Corinne was not to sure at first but then she loved it. In fact she loved it so much that when it was time to go inside she threw a major fit. I just wish we would have had a sled to pull her around in. It was a really good day!
Corinne playing with playdough for the first time

She really started to like it!

View from our front window of the snow!

View into our backyard!

Corinne saying cheese and loving the snow!


Miss Independent trying to walk herself in the snow...she did not want help!
This is when we first put her down...she was really not sure what to do.
Wednesday night around 9 I got a phone call that we would be on a two hour delay today and then they would make a decision in the morning. Needless to say since I am writing this at 9:40 in the mornin that school was closed again today. I am happy to be home but that was our last calamity day to use so anything after this we will have to make up. Jeremy went to work this morning and said the roads were really bad still, so I think the school made the right decision. Corinne and I will spend another day staying warm insideand loving it!

No comments: