Saturday, January 3, 2009

Another Busy Week

Well it has been another busy week and with Corinne into everything now it is getting harder and harder to blog. On Monday we hosted our playgroup with Carissa, Hannah and Alexandra all here to join in the fun. The girls were actually playing together this time which is always fun to see. In the evening Daddy came home and we were having a great night until Corinne feel and hit her head on our window sill. Our windows are very low to the ground and it was very easy for her to do. She got a goose egg and a fairly big gash on her forehead but seemed to be none the worse for the wear. The same could not be send for me. I know kids fall but it is so hard when it is your own child! The best part is that I had just made an appointment to get her pictures taken on Wednesday so needless to say we had to cancel those.


Carissa, Hannah, Alexandra, and Corinne
On Tuesday Corinne and I stayed on most of the day and just had a good time playing with all of Corinne's toys. It was really the first full day the entire Christmas break that we could just sit and play. Corinne is such a ham and has really become such a sweet little girl.

Wednesday, New Year's Eve, Corinne and I ran some errands in the morning and then came back home to get ready for our mini party with Jack, Tiffany and Todd. Things sure do change when you have little ones. A couple of years ago we had a huge party that was much different then this New Year's but I would not trade these days for anything. We had pizza and exchanged gifts with Tiffany and Todd. One of there gifts to us was a free nights babysitting which I know we need to use soon! It was a fun night but ended around 9:30 because it was way past baby bedtimes. Jeremy and I both feel asleep well before midnight and I only woke up because the neighbors were shooting off fireworks! Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve. My New Year's resolution is to make sure that I make time for family and friends even with our busy work schedule's!

Corinne and Jack partying on New Year's Eve (note Corinne's lovely forehead)


Jack and Corinne unwrapping their presents!

New Year's Day we went to my Mom and Dad's for pork and kraut. Corinne loved the kraut which I thought was strange but good that she will try new things. We had a good time just visiting with family again and celebrating the New Year.


Corinne and Dominic playing with Dominic's new toy

Yesterday was a very busy day for us. First, Corinne had to go to the pediatrician to have her eyes checked to make sure she did not have pink eye. She has had a cold for about a week and a half now and then on Wednesday she woke up with very goopy eyes. The doctor said that it was just a cold in her eyes and gave us some very expensive eye drops to give her three times a day which has been a real challenge but has made her eyes much better with just a few doses. Corinne, my friend Karey, and I went to Pickerington to have lunch with our friend Elizabeth and her kids, Claire and Adam. I use to teach with Elizabeth and now she is staying at home with her kids. We had a nice time catching up and I can not believe how big her kids are getting. We came home and visited with Karey and her dog Nora a little more and then she had to go. Then Aunt Carrie, Uncle Hallie, Aunt Heather, Keith and Dominic came over to go to the zoo lights with us. We went before Christmas but no one else was able to go until now. We had a good time and were glad to get to spend some time with my family at such a event. Plus it was much less crowded then when we went the first time so we actually got to see some animals this time.


Corinne and Dominic all bundled up at the Columbus Zoo Wildlights

Today we have just spent the day catching up on somethings. It is hard to believe that Christmas break will be over tomorrow and I will have to go back to work. As I always say I am thankful for the time off but it always makes it that much harder to go back. We have had a very enjoyable couple of weeks at home and I really hate to see it end. We are off to church tonight and then we are going to go to dinner after.

No comments: