Monday, January 19, 2009

What a nice long weekend

Thursday I had my first girls night out and I had a lot of fun. I will admit I was a little sad when it came time to leave because I had only had about an hour with Corinne and figured she would be in bed by the time I got home. The weather was not great so only about six of us were able go and we had a really good time. I know that everyone will be better because I am taking this time for myself. Now I just wish Jeremy could find a similiar outing for himself, he says he is going to do golf league in the Spring so hopefully he will. Before I left for Girl's night I knew that we did not have school on Friday due to the extreme cold so that made me feel a little better.

Corinne and I spent the day Friday snuggled up in the house because it was just to cold outside to go anywhere. It was -25 degrees with the wind chill here most of the day. We cleaned some and just spent the rest of the day playing. Daddy came home and we made homemade pizza, which Corinne loves, and then Corinne and I feel asleep even though I told Jeremy that we would watch a movie together. Friday night Corinne got her first shiner but pulling the bathroom draw out and hitting herself right in the eye. It did not look to bad at first but by Sunday it looked awful. We really do not beat our child!

Saturday was a busy day of errands and visiting. We finally got to visit with Jeremy's Uncle Rusty, Stacey and even got to meet there newest little boy Cristopher. He is a big boy at 15 pounds and he is only 9 weeeks old. Corinne finally hit the 20 pound mark so we decided to turn her carseat around finally. She really like riding forward in the car I think. In the afternoon we went to my best friend Tiffany's surprise 30th birthday party and she was very surprised. The kids had a good time playing and it was nice to have a nice glass of wine on a Saturday night, something I have not done in about two years. Corinne loved playing in the tunnels and ball pit that Jack just got and here are some pictures from the night.

Surprise Tiffany!

Corinne in the ball pit!

Jack playing in the tunnels
Sunday Corinne amazed Jeremy and I by sleeping till 10 o'clock, getting up for about two hours to play and eat and then went back to sleep for two more hours. She has had a pretty bad cold and has been up coughing at night so I think that it just finally caught up with her. However, anyone that knows my daughter knows that this is highly unusually for her. When she went to bed last night at her normal time I was fully expecting her to be up a bunch of times but she wasn't. I guess she really is growing up! I ran some errands while she was sleeping including finding this interactive pony toy that she has played with at some of her friends houses and loved on clearance at Target and just had to get it. It is the last thing she did before she went to bed last night! I also got a new cell phone that I love and of course I spent half the night playing with. It is amazing when I think back to my first cell phone and how much it cost to know the touch screen , flip open cell phone that will cost me nothing after the rebate is amazing. Technology has come so far and I love it!


Corinne and her pony toy

Today, I had the day off for Martin Luther King day so Corinne and I just spent the day catching up on some things and getting ready for the week. It is nice to have a long weekend and then a short week. We have two snow days left so maybe we can use those next month for a little break. I know I just went back to school but it is going to be a long twelve weeks till Spring Break!


Just a cute picture of Corinne in her outfit from Karey!

No comments: