Saturday, November 15, 2008

Week in review

The last week has been absolutely crazy. Last Saturday we went to our friend Rileigh's first birthday party and it was really fun. Corinne has not seen here since they were about three months old so it was fun to see them interact. Corinne thought the pinata was so funny!
Corinne cracking up at hitting the Pinata



Party Friends

Then on Sunday we hosted a play date at our house. It was nice to get the girls together to play and watch how they have grown. Carissa and Hannah are grow as quickly as Corinne and it is neat to think that they could be friends for a long time because they will be going to the same elementary school, middle school and high school as long as none of us move. We had a good time talking and watching the kids play.
Hannah, Carissa and Corinne

During the week we were busy and are still trying to fall into a routine. The new babysitter is working out great and in fact I had a hard time getting Corinne to leave Linda's house this week because she is having so much fun. We had to run errands all week and still have lots of things to do. She is getting braver every day and is walking on her own much more consistently. Corinne has been a real trooper and I am hoping that after Thanksgiving and Christmas that life will slow down a little bit so I can focus on her and not the day to day things that have to be done. I finally finished Corinne's invitation and I hope to post a copy of it soon. I am so excited for her princess party.
Corinne doing her favorite thing, destroying the pantry

On Friday it was nice to get out of work a little early because I worked through lunch. We ran to the Carter's store to find Corinne her party dress. We found one, along with some other outfits and Christmas presents but I am not positive that it is the dress for the party.

Saturday was going to be a busy day and it still was but in a different way. My sister Carrie called at 8:00 and needed someone to watch Dominic while she helped a friend move so I meet Carrie and Hallie and brought Dominic back to our house. The weather was so yucky we decided to just let the kids play and I am so glad we did. Corinne and Dominic played and played and laughed most of the day at each other. I also was so glad when Corinne fell asleep on my shoulder and we got to cuddle for about an hour on the couch. This is something we use to do all the time when she was tiny but have not done in quit some time. It was a blessing. We will have a lot to get done tomorrow as we finish party preparation but it was worth it!

No comments: