Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

It has been a busy couple of days leading up to today. Monday we did a play date with Carissa and Hannah and then shopped the rest of the day with Carrie and Dominic. It was nice to have my sister with me to fight the crowds and work together on getting our listed finished.

Dominic crawling through the tunnel
Tuesday was so busy I don't think I sat down all day. Corinne and I ran our last errands in the late morning but it ended up taking us until around 3 to finish. I attempted to put Corinne down for a nap when we got home but since she feel asleep in the car she was not having it. Jeremy keep her busy while I worked on some baking and wrapping which really helped. I will say that I now know why my Mom was always up till two and three in the morning for a week straight because that is pretty much what I have been doing. I got everything done at two and went to bed only to have Corinne wake up at four.

Today, Christmas Eve, we spent the morning finishing up a few last minute things and playing since Daddy was home with us today. We headed down to Lancaster in the mid afternoon to spend some time with Grandma since we will not be at their house for Christmas. I did not know that my Dad was working today though so it was pretty much Grandma. Then in the evening we went to the Hunt Family annual Christmas Eve dinner and it was a smaller crowd this year. The snow keep one of my uncles in Chicago and this was the first time in a while that they have not been able to come. I worried about my Grandma doing all of this but I think she really needed the company. Corinne was a ham as usual and it was nice because a lot of these family members have never met her or met her briefly. It was nice but a later then usual night. So here "Santa" is at 1:30 blogging to try and stay ahead. Corinne showed no interest in opening presents at her birthday but I think she gets the idea now. We have had a hard time keep her out of the packages for the last couple of days. I can't wait to watch her open presents in a few hours. We are off to Wheeling in the morning for a busy couple of days. Hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas!
Corinne helping Daddy open his gifts!
Corinne's Christmas Dress, not the best picture but she would not stop moving to take a picture

No comments: