Tuesday, September 16, 2008

And still no power

Well I am sitting her with a flash light on my head typing quickly before the battery on the lab top dies to write this. We are now into our 53 hour without power and it does not appear to be coming on soon. Every one of the surrounding subdivision have had power since at least yesterday morning some of them never even losing power in the first place. We had to throw so much food away it made me sick and I will really hate to see how much we will have to spend just to have something to eat. We were lucky though it appears that we had no damage to our house and everything else is getting back to normal. I have been off school for the last two days because the schools either did not have power or had too much debris to hold school. Jeremy, Corinne and I went to the zoo yesterday and had a great time. It felt like we were skipping school or something though because there are not many people at the zoo on a Monday in September. Today Jeremy went back to work and Corinne and I did a little shopping and then went to lunch with our friend Karey. I was glad to have the days with her but now worry about how we will get through the winter with only 3 calamity days left. I get the feeling we will be making up some days later in the year. I am over the no power thing though.
Before the storm hit we went to Wheeling this weekend to see all of our family in West Virginia. We had a good time just spending time with everyone and Corinne was a real ham. She was really interacting with her cousins and loved playing in Grandma and Pappy's play room. On Sunday we had breakfast with GeGe and Jeff and GeGe bought Corinne a really cute cat costume for Corinne to wear at Halloween. Then we drove through the Hurricane back to Lancaster to pick up Zeus. I have never seen branches flying through the air like that. They said the winds topped 75 mph. Since we knew power was out at our house we just spent some extra time at Grandma and Grandpa Hunt's and then gave Corinne a bath by candle light. What a weird couple of days. Hopefully my next blog will be done with a cold pop in my hand, tv on and lights but we will see! I am back to work tomorrow so it should be interesting to get ready in the morning. I guess it will be ponytails for me and Jeremy says HI!

No comments: