Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Not the news I expected

We had our weekly doctor's appointment today complete with a fetal weight check only to find out that our little Lydia is probably around 8 1/2 pounds right now. So after much discussion with the doctor and some tears from me we have a scheduled C-section on Monday, September 14th to welcome Lydia Mae into the world. This is something that I really did not want but guess I have to except. The doctor is worried because of my difficult delivery with Corinne who ended up with no issues but may end up being a little smaller then Lydia. He is the most concerned about shoulder dystocia because of my extra long tail bone. I am a little nervous about the surgery but mostly I am upset because I will probably not be able to hold Lydia right away. I am also very concerned with the recovery time and not being able to pick Corinne up. I know that women have C-sections everyday but I just never thought that I would be one of them especially after having Corinne after all that labor time. In some ways I guess it is better then going through a really long labor and still ending up with a C-section. My biggest thing is that I want both of my girls to be happy and healthy and not be effected to greatly by the experience. Keep us in your prayers, I know I am praying a lot and we will keep everyone posted. Since it is probably going to be a longer recovery then last time we would love to have visitors so all are welcome.

No comments: