Sunday, August 23, 2009

Can not believe it

It is hard to believe but tonight I sit here with a heavy heart knowing that I have to go back to work tomorrow. It has been a great summer with Corinne and I can not believe how much she has grow over the summer. She is doing all kinds of things now that she could not do at the beginning of the summer. As you would expect she is quite a talker, but I guess she gets that honestly. She is climbing everything and is really quite a little dare devil. Corinne has also become a very good helper and I think that this will really come in handy in a few weeks when Lydia arrives. Corinne is also working on potty training but we are still working daily on that. Corinne is also able to recall details of things she did for several days and loves to tell people what she has been doing. We filled our last few weeks of summer with fun activities as well as trying to make sure that everything is ready for Baby Lydia. We have spent a lot of time of Grandparents this summer and Corinne just loves to go see all of her Grandparents and cousins.

Unfortunately the weekend of August 8th my Mom and Dad were at my sister's helping with Dominic when he tried to run into the road. My Dad went running after him and feel and broke two ribs. He is in a lot of pain but is so stubborn that he has not slowed down a bit. We went down on Sunday to visit them and that was really the first time I have seen my Dad in that much pain. It was hard to see but he seems to be feeling a little better now.

The week of August 10th we spent out last few opportunities to do play dates and enjoy the nice weather. Monday we had a play date with Jack and the kids had a great time in the pool and sprinklers. Corinne also had to have a "popsacol" that she has really come to love this summer. Tuesday we went to Hannah's to enjoy what would prove to probably be our last pool day of the summer. Wednesday we met Karey, Elizabeth and her kids Claire and Adam for some time at Easton. We had a nice lunch and then the kids enjoyed some time playing in the fountains there. Corinne was a little afraid to actually walk through them but I don't blame her because that water was moving pretty fast.


Playing in the fountains at Easton


She thought it was pretty fun!

Then Thursday and Friday I finally went into school to start working on my classroom. I swore I was not going back after Friday but I just did not get everything done that need done so I had to return on more day last week. Saturday we headed to West Virginia to attend a Mass for Jeremy's grandfather who died a year ago Saturday. It is hard to believe that it has been a year and it was hard on both Jeremy and his Dad. Despite the sad undertone we had a great time and got to spent a lot of time with

Last week was a fun one but was bittersweet knowing that is was the last one of the summer. We had plans to have a play date with Jack but we ended up being sick so we just ran errands and tried to get things that we still need for both Corinne and Lydia. Tuesday we made plans to go to the pool with the play date girls but the weather forecast was not great so we decided to head to COSI. It ended up that only Becki and Hannah and Carrie and Dominic we able to join us. The kids had a great time and I think it is a place we might visit more often now that the weather will not be so nice. It was also very cool that when Jeremy got home from work she was able to tell him some of the things that she had done at COSI and was so excited.


Squirting water


Watching a little movie about eyes with Hannah


Sliding down the slide and say "Wee"

On Wednesday we worked on tons of laundry that we had to get done for everyone including Lydia's clothes. We have just a few more things to do and I think we will be completely ready for Lydia. Thursday we went into school for a little while so I could finish hanging up some things and then I vowed to not go in until Monday. Friday, Corinne was a real helper with the cleaning and more cleaning that I seem to need to do at this point. I have not been sleeping that well at night so I am hoping that the long days at work will not make me too tired at night to enjoy my limited time with Corinne. Yesterday, we went to Lancaster to enjoy some time with Grandma and Grandpa as well as Dominic, Carrie and Hallie. We went to see Great Grandma Hunt's new house and got to so to Rising Park with the kids. Jeremy even enjoyed swinging and playing on a dirt bike there.

Jeremy riding a dirt bike at Rising Park
Today we got up and tried to tie up all the loose ends of the summer to make sure that we have a smooth transition back into both of us working. We ran errands in the morning and then had a nice early dinner. Unfortunatley when we were getting ready to sit down for dinner Corinne sat on the back of her chair, like we have told her not to do a million times and this time she feel straight back and scared me to death. Luckily she was okay but has a pretty big knot on the back of her head. I swear she is going to give me a heartache before it is all over. Corinne did not take much of a nap so we made sure that she was ready for bed early and that we were ready to go tomorrow. I have to go to work earlier then normal so Daddy will be in charge of taking her to Linda our babysitter tomorrow. It will be a busy day with an early start and a late finish with a 3:30 doctor's appointment followed by a 6 o'clock preschool picnic. Let's just pray we all make it through the day!

No comments: