Thursday, July 16, 2009

Time is flying by!!

It seems like after the 4th of July summer always fly's by but it is particularly bad this year. Last week seemed like a busy week but we did not go a whole lot of places. The picture below is an example of what happens when I am trying to get something done and I give Corinne a snack and leave her unattended. She dumped almost a brand new bag of Goldfish and then was calling for Zeus to come and eat them!


Goldfish frenzy-no wonder the animals like her so much

Last Thursday we had a play date with Hannah at a park and had a good time. Corinne is always so exhausted after the play dates that she falls asleep early and usually takes her best naps! After she woke up from her nap though she continued her diva shoe habits and was trying on every pair of shoes in the house. It is scary how well she can walk in some of my heals! I think we may have a shoe addict on our hands.



Modeling Mom's shoes

Friday we had a nice day out home and then Mommy went to a surprise shower for our friend Kerrie who is due to have second girl at the beginning of August if not sooner. We had a great time and I am thankful for my new Mommy friends!

Saturday Corinne, Jeremy and I were up very early thanks to Corinne so we made an early trip to the park to walk Zeus and play on the playgroup since he was suppose to rain later in the day. After we dropped Zeus off at home we ran our usually errands and cleaned the house like we do on most Saturdays. It was nice to just spend time as a family.

Sunday we got up early and went to church. Corinne spend half the mass yelling hi Jesus, which was cute for a while but got old when people started looking at us. Sunday was my brother's birthday so we went to celebrate his birthday as well as my sister in law Heather's who is later this month. As usually we ate way too much good food and had a really good time.



Singing Happy Birthday to Curt and Heather


Corinne eating what I think may be her first piece of cake

Monday we went to Blacklick Park for a play date with our friends Jack and Tiffany, Tiffany's sister Tabatha and her kids Cameron and Caiden, and my sister and nephew Dominic. It was all boys for Corinne but she does not seem to care. It was cute how she was calling everyone by name and trying to tell the boys where to go to play. We finished the play date with a walk in the woods and then our first trip to McDonald's for lunch. Corinne had fun but that will be a rare treat for her!


Corinne and Jack serving mulch through the window.




Trying to walk in the woods with three toddlers and a four year old.




Corinne would not go along with the boys to get a really good group shot!

On Tuesday we had a play date at Hannah's again where we had a very nice time even though it was a little cool. The girl's played in the pool and water table but really played together in the club house that Hannah has. We got everyone in the shot but just could not get them all to look at the same time. I also had a doctor's appointment to Karey K. came over to watch Corinne while I was there. The doctor says everything is just where is should be but I feel huge already. It may be a long 9 1/2 weeks before this baby comes!


Hanging with the girls
Yesterday we made a trip to JoAnn Fabrics to get some letters to put Corinne's name up in her new big girl room and put Lydia's name up in her room. This is something that I have been meaning to do since Corinne was born but never got around to it. That is one of the pluses of knowing what you are having ahead of time. We also crossed a huge hurdle yesterday when Corinne gave he her hand in the parking lot to walk with me. Up to this point we would tell her she had to hold our hand or we would have to carry her and she would grab your hand and then drop to the ground so this is a huge step. She is growing up so fast which makes me sad in someways but thankful in others the closer it gets to Lydia getting here.
Today was a big day because we got Corinne's big girl bed. It is actually my old daybed from my parents and it is perfect for her. Carrie and Hallie brought it up for us and took my twin bed down to Mom and Dad's so there is still a bed to sleep on in our old room. Corinne loved the bed and I think if I would have had the bedding tonight she would have slept on it. I was worried about the transition but I think it is going to be good. I got her new room cleaned including wiping down walls and the new guest bedroom ready to go as well. Although I told Jeremy that as soon as I can paint again his beloved blue and gold room is going to go to a nice neutral beige! I got a ton done but I am exhausted. Tomorrow we will try and find the bedding for Corinne's new bed and then maybe work on the rest of the furniture next week. Things are starting to come together but I have got to get down in the basement and start bringing up baby stuff.

1 comment:

The Sheehe's said...

LOVED this post! You guys are doing such a great job saturating your days and weekends with fun stuff. Looking forward to getting together again on Tuesday...